Ask a Question
Our Nordic Void ThermaGuard TG-250 is the next generation of void form. Building upon the characteristics of Norseman’s original Nordic Void Form, TG-250 offers improved thermal insulation, resiliency and weight bearing capacity. This engineered structural load bearing, resilient void form, has been designed to protect foundations from damage due to frost heave and soil swell. Compared to traditional void materials, Norseman’s TG-250 will not biodegrade or collapse under the foundation. As the ground pressure subsides, it will recover most of its thickness and prevent the void space from filling with unwanted materials – protecting the foundation year after year.
As part of our commitment to helping our customers make informed decisions, we offer a Lunch and Learn program about our Nordic Void solutions. The Lunch and Learn program is available to organizations, in Canada and selected US states, involved with engineering, design, specification and construction of structural foundations for infrastructure, industrial and commercial applications.
Norseman will come to your place of work to present comprehensive information about Nordic Void to your team and answer any questions you might have. We will even supply the lunch! The presentation will educate your team on the benefits of Nordic Void and provide detailed information on calculations and design.
- Why use a void material? An overview of the effects of reactive/expansive (swelling) soils and frost heave on foundations
- The benefits and drawback of different types of void form used historically and today
- Characteristics of an optimized void form like Nordic Void
- Compressive stress, compressive sets and resiliency. What they are, why they are important and how can they impact your designs
- Overview of the Nordic Void family of products including ThermaGuard 250 and the improved R-Value and resiliency.
- Past projects where Nordic Void has been successfully used
- A walk through of a sample application and calculation using ThermaGuard 250
Who Should Attend?
- Civil/ Structural engineers
- Civil/ Structural designers
- Engineers practicing industrial foundation design (e.g.: Pile/Pile Cap)
Request a Lunch & Learn