Sales Manager Protective Solutions
Norseman is looking for a Sales Manager for our Protective Solutions business unit. The incumbent will be responsible for the sales of foam applications in several key markets, including Health & Medical, OEM, Protective Packaging, Marine, Sports & Leisure, and Military/Defense.
This position is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities and new business development in the Protective Solutions Business. Staffs and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and sales growth. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the market area.
This position may be situated in Langley, BC.
- Develops effective sales strategies to increase revenue growth and market share
- Lead sales team in the development of their sales pipeline and ensure consistent opportunity capture.
- Lead sales team in new business development and share of wallet
- Monitor trends and changes in the Protective Solutions business, maintain current knowledge about the competition, market threats and challenges
- Develops a sales plan, budget and strategy for the market to meet company sales goals and profitability
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets
- Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding sales revenue and targets
- Responds to customer quotes with competitive pricing while maintaining proper profit margins
- Establishes and develops customer-specific pricing, terms, and conditions in the Protective Solutions business
- Maintains accurate records of all pricing, sales, and activity for all direct reports
- Ensure RFP identification and lead the proposal process for RFP responses
- Monitor sales expenses to meet budgetary guidelines
- Maintains and increases network in the market area to generate customer growth
- Ensures that all Sales Representative meets or exceeds all standard sales activity through pipeline reporting
- Collaborates with the Operations team to ensure production can meet sales activities
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Supervises, trains, develops, mentors and motivates new and existing staff
- Collaborates with marketing and support the marketing strategy that promotes sales
- 5+ years working in the foam industry within a Senior Management and Business Development role
- Extensive knowledge of market dynamics in the foam fabrication industry and related markets
- Bachelors of Business Administration degree, diploma or equivalent preferred
- Business strategy and market development expertise
- Computer and software proficiency (MS Office Suite, CRM, database management – Salesforce, etc.)
- Travel required up to 40% to visit Norseman branch locations, visit customer base, attend trade shows, conferences, and industry functions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume via email at HR@norseman.ca indicating ‘Sales Manager Protective Solutions – Langley’ in your subject line.
Job Type: Full-time